Downsizing Made Easy
Thinking about downsizing? Let us simplify the process!
Whether you are ready to move now or foresee a move in your future, it’s never too early to start downsizing. When circumstances force downsizing upon you, it can make it more stressful than it needs to be. Starting early help you feel in control and ready for whatever life brings your way.
- Identify the things you want to keep
- Furniture that fits into your new space
- Items that you use often
- Keepsakes that have special meaning
- Important paperwork
- Give-away, donate or sell items that are still useful to
- Items that served you well, but you no longer need
- Things that don’t belong to you, especially items that belong to your children. Collect them and give them a date and time to come get them.
- New items that you intended to use but realize you won’t ever use them
- Throw-away or recycle anything that is broken, old and
- Papers you no longer need
- Clothing with rips or tears
- Appliances that no longer work
- Shred paperwork
- Old tax documents, bills and bank statements with your social security number or account number need to be shredded to prevent identity theft.
- If a paper has your name and address on it, does not necessarily need to be shredded.