This month we celebrate the Senior Move Manager. At Practical Solutions, we love our role as Senior Move Managers in helping guide our clients through sorting out a lifetime of possessions and empowering them to make a difficult downsize and move. It is worth all of the hard work when you hear clients say that they couldn’t have made the move without you and that they are so happy in their new senior living community.
What do Senior Move Managers Do?
- Developing an overall move or plan
- Customized floor plans
- Organizing, sorting and downsizing
- Arranging for the profitable disposal of unwanted items through auction, estate sale, buy-out, consignment, donation, or a combination of the above
- Interviewing, scheduling and overseeing movers
- Arranging shipments and storage
- Professional packing
- Unpacking and setting up the new home
- Related services, such as cleaning, waste removal, shopping, senior escort, assisting with selection of a realtor and helping prepare the home to be sold.
Why do clients or their families hire Senior Move Managers?
- Those who are overwhelmed with the prospect of physically and emotionally downsizing and moving.
- Individuals who want to take the stress out of moving and allow time to concentrate on taking care of themselves and more easily making the transition.
- Families who are unable to get time away to help their parents due to being busy with their own families and careers.
- Clients and their families who want an outside expert to guide the process in order to be more efficient and keep emotions regulated in order to keep family relationship strong.
If you or someone you know is downsizing and moving, letting them know how a senior move manager can help make the transition less stressful. Call us for a free consultation and estimate.