It is so easy to get wrapped up in the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. Before you know it, you have gotten yourself so overworked and stressed that you are acting like the Grinch. Take a breath, grab a cup of your favorite hot drink, plop in your coziest chair and take a few minutes to evaluate your plans for Christmas this year. Start by asking yourself these questions:
- What is important to the family and friends you celebrate Christmas with?
- What is important to you?
- What do you dread doing each year and want to cut out?
- How can I get others involved to take the load off me?
Once you have a list of the things that are important to you, forget everything else and concentrate on doing those things you have decided are important well and with a merry heart. Here are some free apps to keep you organized and simplify some of your tasks.
- Elfster Secret Santa Generator – Perfect when you have a gift exchange with family, the office or any other group. It does the shuffling and makes buying for the person you choose easy as each participant can include a wish list.
- Elf Yourself – This app takes sending out Christmas greatings easy and is much more entertaining. Instead of trying to gather the family to take that dreaded Christmas picture, getting cards printed, and stuffing envelopes, you just post the face of your family members on the body of a dancing elf (yes, you can be thin in this year’s picture) and you can send the short video to family and friends through email or Facebook. They are sure to be remembered more than a Christmas card.
- Christmas Gift List – This app keeps track of everything you have purchased for each person and how much you have spent. Keeps you organized and on budget. It is even password protected so no one can be naughty and find out what they are getting this year.
Have yourself a clutter-free, merry Christmas!