Now that the holidays are done, you begin to realize that your house has taken a beating. With all of the busyness of the season, it is hard to keep up with maintaining organization in the home.
- Break it down. Don’t be overwhelmed by the entire project but break it down into smaller tasks.
- Carve out time. Plan uninterrupted time and protect that time. Things will come up to take you away from this important task if you let it.
- Be ruthless. Go thru the spaces in your home, pulling out what you no longer need.
- Get it out. Decide if the things you no longer want should be donated or disposed of. Take donations to the donation center; if you have large items schedule a donation pick up.
- Organize what you keep. Arrange the items you are keeping a neat and orderly fashion. Use labeled containers to help keep smaller items together.
- Reward yourself. Organizing is not for the faint of heart. It is hard work. Plan something fun for yourself when the job is done. This will keep you going when you want to quit.
Sometimes reclaiming your space can be overwhelming. At Practical Solutions, we tackle the clutter with you, guiding you through the process and bring valuable resources to help you keep going when you hit road blocks. To schedule a session, call us at 909-307-4862.